Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chocolate for Mother's Day

I like making both simple and complicated things. Since I made a complicated thing for my mother for Christmas (a cardigan), I decided to make her something small, pretty, and useful for Mother's Day.


These are made from the Ball Band Dishcloth pattern from Mason-Dixon Knitting, a wonderful book full of beautiful and useful projects. I used 6 colors of Lily Sugar'n Cream, mixed and matched.

Mom's kitchen is warm brown with cream countertops, but she's really a pink person. So I decided to go for a chocolate and strawberry theme for these cloths. What could be better for Mother's Day than chocolate, strawberry, and cream?

I was pleased to find the perfect wrapping ribbon at Joann's, and found some simple cream kitchen towels. One towel bundled with 2 cloths and they were good to go in a box and send off.

I hope she likes them.

No comments: