Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sock

Can't say socks yet, because there is as yet only the start of one. But soon there will be another.

I'm using Cat Bordhi's Ridgeline architecture for these. I like Riverbed too, but have found that the Ridgeline seems to fit my feet a little bit smoother.

Once I finished the standard toe increases, I started the quilted lattice pattern over the "central" 15 stitches of the top of the foot. This was well before the expansion increases, but I wanted to start the pattern asap rather than waiting until halfway up the foot.


I have started the expansion now, and it's going smoothly. Just have to remember which rounds are plain and which are pattern for the center and which are increases. Once I get past the heel, I'll decide what to do up the leg. I don't want to go with the full quilted lattice, but I may but one mirroring up the back and do a line of ribbing between. Or something. I'll make that up as I go.

Oh yeah, the yarn is Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet DK. I'm working on #2 bamboo dpns.

No comments: